Specialty: Pediatric Pulmonology
Appointments Available in: Minneapolis
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certificate, California State University at Los Angeles School of Nursing—Los Angeles, California
- Master of Nursing, University of California at Los Angeles School of Nursing—Los Angeles, California
- The College of Saint Catherine—Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Care of children with chronic respiratory failure/tracheostomy and ventilator dependent children in the home care setting. Also other chronic respiratory conditions, including cystic fibrosis and asthma.
- Using technology to provide the safest and most efficient the care of CRCCS’s large population of patients with chronic respiratory failure in their homes, minimizing hospitalizations, and improving their overall quality of life.
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Care
- Primary Care
- Lectured and written articles for journals and a Pediatric Nursing textbook on topics such as Pneumonia, Chronic Lung Disease of Infancy, Risk Reduction for SIDS, and Pediatric Chronic Respiratory Failure.
- Regularly serve as a preceptor to University of Minnesota and St. Catherine’s University Graduate Nursing students.
Ms. Herda joined Children’s Respiratory & Critical Care Specialists, P.A. in 2003. She was formerly employed for 10 years at Children’s Hospital of Orange County. She has extensive experience working as both a clinical Nurse Specialists and a Nurse Practitioner in Pediatric Pulmonology, Critical Care, and General Pediatrics. She is a Minnesota native, and lives in Plymouth. She has two children who are now young adults. In her leisure time she enjoys cycling, yoga, travel, reading, and home improvement projects.