Specialty: Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care, University of Minnesota—Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Pediatrics, University of Nebraska–Omaha, Nebraska
- University of North Dakota–Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Jamestown College—Jamestown, North Dakota
- Calculus Fellowship – Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Medical Director PICU – Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- Medical Director CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) and Plasmapheresis – Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) Consultant – Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Other medical interests include asthma, pediatric trauma and continuing education for first responders in pediatric emergency care in the rural setting.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Kugler J, Baisch S et al: Improvement in Left Ventricular Function after Control of Incessant Tachycardia. The Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 105, No. 4. October 1984, pp. 543-548.
- Baisch S, McNeil M: Prehospital Management of Technology Assisted Children. EMSC PREPARE, No. 5. September 1998.
- Baisch S, Wheeler W, Kurachek S, Cornfield D. Extubation Failure in Pediatric Intensive Care: Incidence and Outcomes. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Vol 6, No. 3. May 2005, pp 312-318.
Dr. Baisch and his wife, Marsha, reside in Chaska. They have two married children, Chris and Becca, and are proud grandparents of Riley, Lucy, Adrienne, Eloise, Charlie and Josie. In his leisure time, Steve enjoys spoiling the grandchildren. He also enjoys golf, basketball and being with his family.