Correspondence to Patients COVID-19March 16, 2020 6:22 pm
To our CRCCS Patients and Family,
As the COVID19 pandemic evolves the team at Children’s Respiratory & Critical Care Specialists is focused on our mission to provide the best care to our patients. We remain open for business as usual, but in support of social distancing are proactively scheduling televisits. We are working to keep our communication pathways open to all our CRCCS families and will continue to send messages out when needed.
If your child has an upcoming appointment already scheduled with us:
- To decrease risk of spreading disease we are minimizing additional testing, like spirometry, before the visit. Additional testing may be ordered if indicated after the visit.
- As mentioned, to support social distancing, we are offering televisit appointments via our secure Patient Portal. Please send us a message via the Portal or call us to change the in-person visit to a televisit.
- For the televisit you will need to download Healow on your smart phone from either the App Store or Play Store. Additional instructions will be provided during scheduling. You and your child will need to be present for the televisit.
- If you’d prefer to be seen in-person, effective immediately, we will be limiting the number of people who can attend the visit to the patient and one caregiver (no additional family members including siblings will be allowed, unless they are also being seen).
If you do not have an appointment scheduled, but are due to be seen:
- We remain open for business as usual, but as above will be proactively scheduling televisits.
Please continue to refer to the Minnesota Department of Health and CDC websites for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Our providers are participating in many metro, state and national clinical workgroups to stay abreast of the most up-to-date information.
As always we recommend following your child’s action plan. Continue to be diligent about giving your child’s Green Zone medication(s). If they are sick, promptly escalate to the Yellow Zone. There is some mixed evidence that systemic steroids, as you may have for use in the Red Zone, can worsen COVID19 symptoms. It is best to be aggressive in the Yellow Zone, and use your Red Zone medications only if symptoms are not improving or if they are worsening. If your child has a fever, we recommend using Tylenol (acetaminophen). There has been some concern that ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin) worsens COVID19 symptoms. If your child is sick, please call us.
Categorized in: Health